Our sports medicine team believes that if you're active, you're an athlete, and we’ve built our program around providing the best care for you and other athletes in our community. Our team approach brings together orthopaedic surgeons, primary care sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers and physical and occupational therapists to treat a wide range of sports related injuries.
Sports related injuries can range from sprains and strains to tendon injuries requiring surgical intervention. Our sports medicine team will provide you with an individual treatment plan that will get you back in the game.
UM Rehabilitation Network at Upper Chesapeake Health
Our highly trained physical and occupational therapists are experts in orthopaedics and sports medicine, providing quality care for an extensive list of injuries, such as:
Orthopaedic and sports injuries
Muscle strains or sprains
Back and neck pain
Arthritis and chronic pain
Performance and improvement
Rehabilitation for joint replacement
UM Upper Chesapeake Health and ATI Partnership
We have partnered with ATI Physical Therapy to deliver athletic training support for all ten public high schools in Harford County. UM Upper Chesapeake Health provides:
- a medical director for Harford County Public Schools
- supervising physicians for athletic trainers
- referrals for diagnostic testing and specialists
- supervision of concussion baseline testing and return to play protocol
UM Upper Chesapeake Health and Sumit Bassi, MD are the official sports medicine provider and team physician for The John Carroll School.
Hand Therapy Services
Our certified hand therapist offers customized rehabilitation to restore hand and upper extremity function to the greatest degree possible for injuries and conditions such as:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Traumatic hand injuries
- Tendonitis and tendon injuries/ruptures
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Overuse injuries
We are focused on educating our community coaches on the prevention and initial treatment of sports related injuries through our Coaches Clinics. We tailor these for each athletic season and focus on:
- Techniques to prevent injuries through proper stretching and conditioning
- Signs and symptoms of a concussion (traumatic brain injury or TBI)
- Common sport-specific injuries including initial treatment and recommendations on follow-up care
- Hydration and nutrition recommendations
For more information call HeathLink at 800-515-0044.