When your back hurts it affects many aspects of your life.
These include work, personal care, home management, emotional well-being and leisure. Our experienced surgeons with the UM Upper Chesapeake Health Spine Center offer a comprehensive approach to address back pain. We provide an unparalleled combination of medical talent, technology and sophisticated procedures to find an individualized solution for each patient. Some of the leading surgeons in the region perform progressive spine procedures to treat:
- Cervical and Lumbar Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Scoliosis and Kyphosis Deformities
- Revision spinal fusions and decompressions
We provide surgical and non-surgical care for all conditions affecting the spine including:
- Surgical treatments for spinal stenosis (including laminectomy, lumbar decompression, and laminoforaminotomy), artificial disk replacement, bone graft alternatives, and laminoplasty
- Non-surgical treatments, often the conservative or "first line" approach to pain and including such things as muscle relaxants, NSAIDs, steroids, opiate pain medications and non-narcotic analgesics
- Supportive therapies ranging from pain management injections to acupuncture and biofeedback to physical therapy
- Diagnostics (Xray, MRI, CT) to help better understand your condition
For more information call HeathLink at 800-515-0044.