In Maryland, a stroke patient arrives at the hospital every thirty minutes. Both of our hospitals house accredited Primary Stroke Centers and are well equipped to treat those with symptoms of stroke.
STROKE WARNING SIGNS
The American Stroke Association highlights the following as warning signs of stroke:
- Sudden onset of numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
Click here to learn when to CALL 911