Treats skin itching and pain caused by hemorrhoids.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- This medicine is for use on the skin around your anus only. Do not get this medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not put this medicine into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device, or applicator. Do not put any part of the aerosol container into your rectum.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Before applying this medicine clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water. Then gently dry using toilet tissue or a soft cloth.
- Spread the medicine on a tissue or piece of cotton and gently apply to the skin around your anus.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store this medicine at room temperature away from heat, moisture, or light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine applicator(s), containers, and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have rectal bleeding.
- If your symptoms get worse or if they do not improve within 7 days, call your doctor.
- You should not use this medicine for a child under 12 years of age without a doctor's approval.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bleeding from your rectum.
- Pain, redness, irritation, or swelling around your anus.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 8/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.