Cyclosporine (Into the eye)
Treats chronic dry eye.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Liquid Mixture, Drop
- Use this medicine twice a day, about 12 hours apart, or as directed.
- If you wear contact lenses, take them out before you use this medicine. Wait at least 15 minutes before you put your contact lenses back in.
- Turn the package upside down a few times to mix the medicine before you use it. Use the medicine right away after you open the package.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- To use the eye drops:
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye.
- Throw away any medicine left in the opened package after you have used it.
- Wait at least 15 minutes before you use artificial tears.
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have an eye infection.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision or other changes in vision
- Feeling like something is in your eye
- Mild, brief burning in your eyes
- Red, watery, or itchy eyes
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 8/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.