Antifungals (On the skin)
Treat fungus infections of the skin. Some of these infections are "athlete's foot," "jock itch," and yeast infections. Antifungal shampoo is used to treat dandruff.
Aloe Vesta Antifungal, Anti-Fungal, Anti-Fungal Powder, Athlete's Foot, Athlete's Foot Cream, Bactivex Athlete's Foot & Cracked Heels, Baza Antfungal Skin Care Pack, Baza Antifungal, Bensal HP, Blis-To-Sol, Breezee Mist Foot Powder, CNL8, Caldesene, Ciclodan, Ciclodan Cream Kit
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
How to Use This Medicine
Cream, Powder, Spray, Foam, Shampoo, Lotion, Gel/Jelly, Ointment, Spray, Liquid, Fizzy Tablet, Powder for Solution
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- If you are using this medicine with a prescription, the medicine might come with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- To use the cream, liquid, powder, lotion, gel, or ointment: Before putting this medicine on, wash the skin with soap and water, and then dry with a towel. Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently. Use on both feet if you have athlete's foot. You might need to shake the liquid or lotion before using it.
- To use the powder: Before putting this medicine on, wash the skin with soap and water, and then dry with a towel. Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Use on both feet and inside your socks if you have athlete's foot.
- To use the spray: Shake the spray can just before using. Hold the can 6 to 10 inches from the skin and spray. If you use the aerosol spray on your feet, spray it on the top, bottom, and between the toes of both feet. Also spray some in your socks and shoes (treat both feet the same).
- To use the shampoo: Wet hair and scalp thoroughly with water. Work the shampoo into a lather and gently massage it over your whole scalp for about 1 minute. Rinse the hair thoroughly. Wash hair again and leave the shampoo on your scalp for another 3 minutes. Shampoo every 4 days for 4 weeks. Always allow at least 3 days between using the shampoo.
- Keep using the medicine for as long as your doctor has told you to, even if you think your symptoms are gone. If you do not use your medicine for the full treatment time, your infection may return.
- Do not inhale the aerosol spray or use it near heat, open flame, or while smoking. Do not puncture, break, or burn the aerosol can.
- Throw away the pad or swab after using it. Do not save an opened pad or swab to use later.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless directed by your doctor.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use other medicines on the same area of skin unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If you are pregnant (or may become pregnant) or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- The liquid and spray forms of this medicine might be flammable. Keep them away from high heat and open flames at all times.
- If your symptoms do not get better after about a week, or get worse while using this medicine, call your doctor.
- Antifungal shampoo may remove the curls from hair that has been treated with a permanent.
- Each antifungal medicine was made to treat a certain kind of infection. Use only the medicine your doctor has prescribed. You should not use an over-the-counter product in place of what your doctor has told you to use.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Itching, rash, swelling, or redness that was not there before you used this medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging, burning, or redness where medicine is put on
- Dry or oily hair (with shampoo use)
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- Last reviewed on 8/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.